Vancouver Model United Nations encourages you to read the following legal terms.
By accessing or browsing this website, you agree to the following legal terms and conditions:
1. All content on this site including but not limited to text, data, graphics, and sound (collectively “Content”) is the intellectual property of Vancouver Model United Nations (“VMUN”). The Content is protected by Canadian copyright laws and other intellectual property laws and is used under licence of VMUN. VMUN’s logo may not be used in any way without prior written permission from VMUN or any appropriate affiliate. All other logos, service marks, and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. You agree to comply with all applicable copyright protections, copyright notices, or any restrictions contained within the Content.
2. You may download and use a reasonable amount of Content for your own personal non-commercial use so long as you keep all copyright notices visible and unaltered, do not change the Content, do not use the Content to suggest any affiliation with VMUN, agree to cease all use of any and all Content immediately upon the request of VMUN, and agree to remove any and all Content from any mediums, including but not limited to social media, blogs, websites, printed materials, upon the request of VMUN.
Terms of Registration
By registering a School, as a Delegate, as a Staff member, as a Secretariat member, or as a Chaperone or any entity related to VMUN for Vancouver Model United Nations 2016 you agree to the following legal terms:
1. You authorize Vancouver Model United Nations (“VMUN”), VMUN’s agents, successors, assigns and designees to record my name, likeness, voice, other related biographical materials, or otherwise (collectively, “Recording”), edit such Recording, use such Recording in materials related to VMUN, including but not limited to promotion and advertising materials, and own the copyright therein to use the Recording, or any part thereof, throughout the world in perpetuity, in any markets, manner, formats and media, whether now known or hereafter developed. The Recording shall be used and disposed of, without limitation, at the sole discretion of VMUN. This agreement shall not modify the legal rights or commitments of any person or entity as governed by the Province of British Columbia.
2. You agree to the terms and conditions of the Cancellation Policy of Vancouver Model United Nations (“VMUN”) accessible [http://www.vmun.com/cancellation]
3. For the safety and comfort of all participants, Vancouver Model United Nations (“VMUN”) will be a drug and alcohol-free environment. The term “drug” refers to substances including, but not limited to, inhalants, prescription medication used without authorization from a physician, as well asother illicit substances. This does not include over-the-counter drugs used with the permission by a physician or legal guardian, or prescription medication being used as directed by a physician. As a delegate, teacher, chaperone, media team member, Staff member, Secretariat, or any associated or registered person at VMUN, you agree to not be in possession of or be under the influence of drugs or alcohol for the duration of the conference. Considering this agreement is in line with many school behavior policies, teacher sponsors and chaperones are ultimately responsible for the behavior of members of their respective delegations. However, VMUN reserves the right to remove individuals in violation of this agreement from the conference. This agreement shall not modify the legal rights or commitments of any person or entity as governed by the Province of British Columbia.
4. You agree to pay the full amount specified on the webpage [http://www.vmun.com/registration-overview] applicable to the date on which VMUN received your registration, and or your status as a delegate, staff member, Secretariat member, Chaperone, or other conference attendee. Payments of any other amounts are not permitted unless explicitly granted a different price in writing by the Secretary-General, USG Finance, USG Delegate Affairs 1, or the Chief of Staff from their respective email addresses appearing on the webpage [http://www.vmun.com/secretariat].
Terms of Liability
By accessing or browsing this website, registering a School, as a Delegate, as a Staff member, as a Secretariat member, as an attendee, including but not limited to photographers and guests, or as a Chaperone for Vancouver Model United Nations 2016 you agree to the following legal terms:
1. You hereby agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend, Vancouver Model United Nations (“VMUN”) from and against all claims, demands, causes of action or liabilities, including reasonable legal fees, arising from: your breach of any of the Legal Terms of VMUN accessible at [http://www.vmun.com/legal/], your violation of any law resulting from your use of this website, your violation of any law resulting from registering and/or attending VMUN 2016.
2. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless, VMUN from and against all claims, demands, causes of action or liabilities, including reasonable legal fees, asserted by third parties arising out of the actions or inactions of the delegates, teachers, chaperones, photographers, Staff members, Secretariat, or any associated or registered persons at VMUN.
3. The total liability of Vancouver Model United Nations (“VMUN”) to you for all damages, causes of action, or losses, whether in tort, through contract, negligence, or otherwise, is limited to one quarter (25%) of the registration fee paid to attend VMUN 2016, or ten dollars ($10), whichever is lesser. In no event shall VMUN be liable for damages caused by external websites accessed by hyperlink, or events which occur up to thirty (30) days before the conference, up to thirty (30) days after the conference, and during the conference, which are affiliated with VMUN, including but not limited to: registration, conference proceedings, and the actions or inactions of others.